Tuesday, June 17, 2008

College World Series Time


It is no seceret that I am a huge college sports fan. I have two favorite times of year, first, college football opening day. Then I spend a couple of months watching college basketball although it is not my favorite it gets me through until college baseball kicks in. Since college baseball doesn't get alot of play time during regular season, the beginning play of the regionals makes our house come alive. For the past couple of weeks we have been glued to ESPN to watch the regionals then super regionals and finally here we are: College World Series time.
This is something my family really loves to watch together. I hope one day that our family will be able to make the trek to Omaha, Neb to see it in person. (maybe Zach will play in it, don't we wish). I am not quite sure who will be the champion this year. I don't feel that there is one clear, cut winner. That is why I love baseball so much, it can seem that a team is completely out of a game and it can take just a 1/2 inning to change things. You can never really count anyone out.
You have heard me refer to baseball as God's game. I know there are those that would argue, I'm sure. Baseball can be like our relationship with Jesus. Sometimes we can be down trodden but it can just that 1/2 inning for Jesus to turn us around and lead us to victory. Baseball is alot how I picture God, fast, strong, exciting, full of energy but in turn can be peaceful, serene and graceful. I know some will disagree with my comparison but I see God at the baseball park all the time. Try it yourself sometime, go to a little league baseball game and take it all in. Granted, there is usually some ugliness but the beauty of it all shines through.
"And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord." Ezekiel 38:23

No comments: